© JEFF BROUWS, Carmen Red, Daly City, California, 1991 Courtesy of Robert Koch (San Francisco)
PHOTOFAIRS is pleased to announce the participating galleries for its inaugural US edition in San Francisco, opening to the public from January 27-29 at Fort Mason’s Festival Pavilion. Complementing the Bay Area’s already strong photographic legacy, PHOTOFAIRS | San Francisco will feature a selection of 34 national and international galleries, representing 14 countries and 25 cities worldwide.
The participating galleries will be located in two sectors, Main and Platform. The Main sector represents galleries both new and established. The Platform sector represents galleries participating in their first United States-based art fair.
- andriesse eyck galerie (Amsterdam)
- Bryce Wolkowitz Gallery (New York)
- CAMERA WORK (Berlin)
- Casemore Kirkeby (San Francisco)
- CHOI & LAGER Gallery (Cologne & Seoul)
- Danziger Gallery (New York)
- De Soto Gallery (Venice Beach)
- Division Gallery (Montreal & Toronto)
- Edwynn Houk Gallery (New York & Zurich)
- EUQINOMprojects (San Francisco)
- Fahey/Klein Gallery (Los Angeles)
- Flowers Gallery (London, New York)
- Galerie DUMONTEIL (Paris, Shanghai & New York)
- Galerie & Edition Stephan Witschi (Zurich)
- In The Gallery (Copenhagen)
- Klowden Mann (Los Angeles)
- M97 Gallery (Shanghai)
- Magnum Photos (London, Paris & New York)
- Mohsen Gallery (Tehran)
- Peter Fetterman (Santa Monica)
- Photo12 Galerie (Santa Monica & Paris)
- Ratio 3 (San Francisco)
- Robert Koch Gallery (San Francisco)
- Robert Mann Gallery (New York)
-The Little Black Gallery (London)
- Theme+Projects (San Francisco)
- Three Shadows +3 Gallery (Beijing & Xiamen)
- Tristan Hoare (London)
- Vanguard Gallery (Shanghai)
- Upfor (Portland)
Highlight works by European artists include, Martin Kollar (Galerie & Edition Stephan Witschi, Zurich); Tina Berning & Michelangelo di Baptista, Peter Lindbergh and Anderson & Low (CAMERA WORK, Berlin); Yves Marchand & Romain Meffre and Alejandro Guijarro (Tristan Hoare, London); Eric Pillot and Willy Rizzo (Galerie DUMONTEIL, Paris, Shanghai & New York); Denis Darzacq (De Soto Gallery, Venice Beach); Valérie Belin (Edwynn Houk Gallery, New York & Zurich); and Charlotte Dumas (andriesse eyck galerie, Amsterdam).
From Asia and the Middle East, celebrated Japanese artists Sohei Nishino (Bryce Wolkowitz Gallery, New York), Yuki Onodera and Aki Lumi (Vanguard Gallery, Shanghai) and Osamu Yokonami (De Soto Gallery, Venice Beach) will be presented, along with South Korean and Chinese photographers Boomoon and Shen Wei (Flowers Gallery, London, New York); Birdhead and Jungjin Lee (Galerie & Edition Stephan Witschi, Zurich); RongRong & Inri and Yang Fudong (Three Shadows +3 Gallery, Beijing & Xiamen), and Middle Eastern-based artists Shariar Tavakoli, Mehdi Abdolkarimi and Mehrdad Afsari (Mohsen Gallery, Tehran).
Artists from Latin America include Vik Muniz and Abelardo Morell (Edwynn Houk Gallery, New York & Zürich), alongside a special solo presentation of Rodrigo Valenzuela’s moving and still image work (Upfor, Portland / Klowden Mann, Los Angeles).
Key talent from the West Coast and across the United States will include Paul Fusco (Danziger Gallery, New York), Buck Ellison (Ratio 3, San Francisco), Jim Campbell (Bryce Wolkowitz Gallery, New York), Jeff Brouws and Robert Heinecken (Robert Koch Gallery, San Francisco), Tidd Hido (Casemore Kirkeby, San Francisco), Tabitha Soren and McNair Evans (EUQINOMprojects, San Francisco), Randy Hayes (Theme+Projects, San Francisco) along with Mona Kuhn (EUQINOMprojects, San Francisco, and Flowers Gallery, London, New York), and many more.
- East Wing (Dubai)
- ELIPSIS PROJECTS (London & Istanbul)
- Pan-View Gallery (Zhengzhou)
- Rubber Factory (New York)
Emerging artist Kate Stone will be shown by Rubber Factory (New York), while East Wing (Dubai) will present the US début of Swiss-based artists Cortis & Sonderegger. A solo presentation of the large-scale work of Ahmet Ertuğ will be shown by ELIPSIS PROJECTS (London & Istanbul) and Pan-View (Zhengzhou) will present a group exhibition specifically looking at China’s social environment and ideological status.
PHOTOFAIRS | San Francisco will run January 27-29, 2017 at Festival Pavilion | Fort Mason, San Francisco.
Buy your ticket for PHOTOFAIRS | San Francisco here